2013 Winners of the Speight’s Premier banner
We offer great facilities, top administration and experienced coaching and support from players like Southland 7’s coach Elgan O’Donnell, Chris King, Hugh Blake Sam Anderson-Heather,
There is a place for all among our 7 teams
(Premiers, Under 21 Colts, Seniors).
Experience our friendly atmosphere and meet new friends in our social environment that is second to none.
Discover the “Shark Attack”….
Plus enjoy the company of our partnership with Phys-Ed Netball teams who are very much a part of the club in 2014.
Pre-Season training has started
Every Tues and Thurs 6.00pm Kettle Park, Transport starts 18th February and leaves from the following pick-up points at 5.30pm.
City College > Dundas Dairy > Commerce Building > Cumberland Hall
Or any other University Hall of Residence by arrangement.
Colts Pre-Season Trials:
Sat 1st March: Skills session at 12noon (Transp…ort leaves 11.45am)
Sun 9th March: 2.30pm assemble 1.15pm (Transport leaves 1.00pm)
Sat 15th March: 1.00pm assemble 12noon (Transport leaves 11.30am)
Sat 22nd March: 1.00pm assemble 12noon (Transport leaves 11.30am
Teams Announced 22nd March – Training Mon and Wed from 24th March for Colts
All Enquires Grant Devlin 027 226 5865
- Has won the prestigious Ainge Shield, presented by the Otago Rugby Union to the most successful tem across all grades, three out of the last four tears.
- Fielded three Colts grade sides in 2013; two played in the stronger and U-21 section, the other in the U-20 grade. No other club has more than two teams, most only having one.
- Players from 45 schools across New Zealand played in 2013 Colts teams.
- Colts sides have performed extremely well in each grade over the previous years.
- Has four playing fields, two floodlit for training purposes.
- Have the best clubrooms in the city, ten changing rooms, shower block, lounge, hall, committee room, kitchen, TV and modern facilities.
- All teams have a Coach, Assistance Coach, Manager, Physio’s and Medic.
- Pre-season trials for all grades, followed by “pig on spit” barbecues.
- Meals are provided for players after matches in the clubroom.
- Transport is provided to and from training and games for students as required.
- Holds “Colts Sundays” for all Colts team members- players, coaches and management.
- The Premier 1 won the Dunedin Premier competition in 2013.
- The Premier 2 side and Senior (3rdXV) teams both finished strongly in their respective grades.
- The 7’s team from our club won the inaugural Otago 7’s tournament and had seven players selected for the wider training group.
- The current New Zealand Under20 World Cup Champion side was managed by our club member, and former club player and Premier 1 side manager, Paul McLaughlan.
- Premier 1 halfback Brad Weber and flanker Hugh Blake have been members of the New Zealand Under20 side.
- Three members of the Premier side were selected and played for Otago in 2013- Gareth Evans, Hugh Blake and Sam Anderson-Heather.
- Gareth Evans is signed as a Highlander for 2014 and 2015.
- 2013 Premier players Brad Weber is now playing for Waikato, Will Henry for North Otago and Liam Edwards for South Canterbury.
- Three former Premier players Shaan Davis, Joe Bradley and Joel Murphy are playing for Auckland under 85’s in 2013.
- The club has several All Blacks in recent years including two captains- Taine Randell and Paul Henderson, as well as Andrew Hore, Craig Newby and Sam Harding.
- Others to have played Division 1 rugby include Callum Bruce, Keith Cameron (both also NZ Maori representatives), Scott Cowan, Chris King, Tii Paulo, Daniel Bowden, Jason MacDonald and John Willis.
- We are represented on the Otago Rugby Union Board by its Chairman, Doug Harvie, a former player club member and Andrew Rooney, a current player and committee member.
- In 2009 the Rugby News Magazine ran a two page article on the club and notes: ““The Dunedin Rugby Club model should be used as a case study by clubs around the country”
- The Club features in a full half hour documentary on TV Ones’ Local heroes programme in 2009.
- This year an American film crew, filming for Rugby World Cup spent a half day filming at the club and interviewing Club Officials. The programme has been shown to an audience of millions in the USA.
- Our junior Club fields 6 teams and is one of the strongest in the city.
- The clubrooms are now the home for the Physed Netball club and we share functions with them.
- An excellent social programme is enjoyed by all team members who mix freely in a safe, caring, convivial and friendly atmosphere.
- The club, its teams, the administration and the results are the envy of the city. Come join us, be part of this remarkable club- no one has ever, or will regret it.
- If in doubt or you want more information, do speak to any of its current players
The Annual General Meeting of the Junior Club will be held in the Clubrooms at KettlePark, Dunedin, on Thursday 13th February 2014, at 7.30pm.
1. Outline the Junior Clubs new association with the Senior Club. Review the rules and job descriptions.
2. Review the past financial results
3. The Election of a General Committee for 2014
4. General Business.
THE DUNEDIN RUGBY FOOTBALL CLUB
NOTICE OF ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING
AND SPECIAL GENERAL MEETING
The 143rd Annual General Meeting of the Club will be
held in the Clubrooms at Kettle Park, Dunedin,
on Thursday 21st November 2013, at 7pm.
1. Confirm the Minutes of 2012 Annual General Meeting
2.Receive and consider the 2013 Annual Report and the audited 2013 Balance Sheet and Statement of Accounts.
3. The Election of Office Bearers and General Committee for 2014
4. General Business.
Notice is also given of a Special General Meeting
to follow immediately after the AGM for the purposes of amending the Club constitution to incorporate the following:
1. Inclusion of DRFC Junior Club as part of The Dunedin Rugby Football Club (Inc).
2. Provision for amending of the constitution at The Dunedin Rugby Football Club (Inc) Annual General Meeting.